Enjoy treat storage with the added protection of magical, snack-loving dragons, straight out of Don Moyer's sketchbook. These cookie jars have the five qualities that make a cookie jar great:
1. Genteel but scary. Decorated on all four sides with fearsome, cookie-loving dragons to scare away timid snack pirates and discourage unauthorized withdrawals.
2. Weighty. Heavy enough to be a weapon. Even before you put stuff in it, this cookie jar weighs 4.25 lbs (2 kg). Will not blow away in typical household windstorms.
3. Food ready. Easy to clean. Dishwasher safe. Air-tight lid with silicone seal to preserve freshness.
4. Capacious. Can hold 90 Oreo cookies! Exterior measures 5.125"D x 5.125"W x 10"H (13 cm D x 13 cm W x 25.5 cm H). Opening measures 4" (10 cm) diameter. This cookie jar may actually be slightly bigger on the inside than it is on the outside! (Research into this possibility is still underway.)
5. Not just for cookies. Makes an excellent storage place for all your snacks. And because it looks like an innocent cookie jar, you’ll find it an excellent place to conceal caches, hoards, and stashes. For example, some people have said they plan to use the cookie jar to hide secret accumulations of contraband, gemstones, antique coins, and chocolate. No one will suspect.
Made by wizards in China who specialize in crafting stoneware using permanent, on-glaze decoration techniques.
I have been following CalamityWare for quite a while now, but I haven't been able to justify spending my hard-won hoard, given we have a full set of dishes already. Along comes this cookie jar. I put it on my wish list on the Women Warriors Who Once Sold Books site so that my husband would see it and buy it for me (yes, you can put non-Women Warriors links on there, FYI), but he COMPLETELY FAILED TO TAKE A HINT. Luckily, his mother adores me and sent me the necessary moola. The thing is, we are not much into sweets, and when we ARE into sweets, we generally eat every part of said sweet within 24 hours, so we do not NEED a cookie jar. Along comes a puppy. Puppies, it turns out, like biscuits. It's a marriage made in... um... gifts from mothers-in-law. It's perfect: Pretty enough to be the center-piece on your table because you always eat in front of the TV. Big enough to hold dog biscuits OR, for a limited time, Quaker Oats' "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies." Came packaged in not one, not two, but THREE boxes, one inside the other, which would usually horrify me but it's china with dragons and deserves the care. Thank you, CalamityWare, for making my home just a touch more super cool than it was the day before. Love you!
I received this as a gift last night. This mixes nicely with all my other various blue & white frippery that decorate a kitchen bestrewed with a collection of witches. It's beautiful and I will discover for myself if it holds 90 Oreos and how many that converts to if Double Stuffed.
The quality of this cookie jar is wonderful. It's the first piece of Calamityware we've bought for ourselves. The pattern is detailed, yet subtle and it's obvious that it's not going to wear off the jar. And it holds a lot of cookies!
This jar is cool & contemporary but looks like Delftware. It was a gift and was well received. As a high school ceramics teacher my standards for purchasing pottery are rather high. This is a beautiful, well crafted piece. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more Calamity ware.
Jar is well made, detail of design is crisp and quite nice. Seal on lid is effective and the opening is easy to get my paw into. I don’t eat sweets, but, since my home state is an adult use state, the jar holds quite a bit of PureMichigan Cannabis. Thank you, Calamityware!!!!! Stay safe.
The friends we bought this for have now told us at least 10 times how much the love it. The details (dragons holding cookies, tiny cat) are super amusing.
The cookie jar arrived on time very well packed and protected and absolutely perfect! It is lovely and sweet at a distance but when I go for the lid and see the dragons, I always giggle a little. This collection is a great modern twist on a classic style.
Cool and fun cookie jar. It looks like the traditional blue and white Chinese pattern but then you look closer and... yikes! Dragons! Love it! My favorite Christmas present, and it stores a normal batch of chocolate chip cookies too!
Great Christmas gift! Loved the dragon/wyrm theme on the classic looking jar. Very cool and updated.