Pursuing perfection. The first prototype of the Things-Could-Be-Worse Mug were almost perfect. But there were a few tiny refinements I wanted to make. Even though it required extra time, I’m glad I decided to chase perfection. I hope you agree.
The biggest problem with the first prototype was the flying saucers. I had made the line weights of the original drawing a little too light—too delicate. They needed more oomph. Last week, the second prototype arrived and it’s perfect. I’m delighted that I chose to make those details stronger.
Almost perfect (left) and perfect (right).
While I refined the artwork, I tweaked a few other details to nudge the design toward perfection. Since some of these mugs may still be around in a hundred years, it seems right to shoot for perfection.
Production is underway at the Kristoff workshop. Our goal is to load mugs on a ship before the end of September. Initially, I expected to get mugs to my sponsors early in November. We might be able to do better than that.